Imperial Bespoke Tailors
- I use to buy my suits from Ermengildo Zegna but the fit was never good because of my shoulder shape and big belly. Besides, Zegna bespoke range is too expensive. This time when I was in Hong Kong I tried Imperial Tailors in kowloon, and the quality of suits, shirts and workmanship is comparable to Zegna at half the price you pay to them.
- —Guest David S. Blake
- I am buying from Noon Tailor for almost 4 years, their quality is little expensive but excellent i highly recommend to everyone. www.noontailor.com
- —Guest Roy
"My GQ Suits" by- Empire International
- Visited the wonderful city of Hong Kong last summer and heard alot about tailored men's suit so I had to try them. My colleague whos been working in the city for 5 years has had quite an experience with Hk tailoring, so he took me to his favorite one. Across my hotel was Empire Int'l Tailors. Ordered their package deal with suits and free shirts, they gave me a trial for all my clothing and finished it all according to the duration of my visit. I loved how nothing was rushed and they were patient and did a fabulous job. These were the first suits iv'e ever owned that look like they're straight off a GQ magazine page. Happy with- Empire Int'l Tailors
Ying Tai Tailor
- A couple years ago I went to HK for a conference and came across this tailor near my hotel in Central, their selling point is being a "Traditional Shanghai Tailor" so I decided to give it a try. Their service is very attentive, I haven't been to many tailors in HK, but this to me is very good if not already the best. Their suits have the quality comparable to Savile Row tailors, where I bought my first suit many years ago, but Ying Tai has much better price and faster delivery. I will surely go visit them again. Their website is www.yingtaitailor.com .
- —Guest Martin D. Greenspan
OM Custom Tailors
- In December I had a twelve hour layover in HK. After some research I selected OM from several choices. I am very satisfied. Vijay is very professional and made my wife and me comfortable through the process. I found him to be very responsive to e-mails before and after our visit. Around noon I had a fitting and came back in the evening for a second fitting. The clothes arrived as promised about three weeks later. The quality is great. The lessons I learned was to listen more to Vijay and less to my wife's preferences and that I should have ordered some shirts while I was there, in addition to the two suits and two pairs of pants I did get. I'll likely be ordering through him again.
Raja is great for women
- I've used Raja Fashions on two previous occasions - 18 months and 3 years ago - and I'm going back there later this month. As an averagely slightly overweight European woman I completely understand a previous contributor's comment about some of the Indian tailors being unsettling. I was treated with complete respect at Raja and I am very pleased with my suits. Raja Daswani himself is charming; he comes to the UK regularly but I prefer the fast turn-round in Hong Kong. I'd say that you should know how far you are prepared to be "persuaded" to purchase more than you planned for and stick to your budget if necessary - but don't expect them not to try to "upsell" - they will not treat you any less well if you say no and it's their job to sell. I did a fair amount of research before using Raja originally - I haven't been disappointed - and I am not tempted to go elsewhere!
A work of Art
- www.empiretailors.com These guys did a fabulous job with my Loro Piana suit. Sharp clean shoulders, perfect fall, excellent shape and well stitched, and most importantly ON TIME. Service was great a guy named "Nick" helped me out and he was polite and helpful. Great experience, strongly recommended!
- —Guest Spencer Bilotti
Punjab House -- overrated
- I've been reading a lot of good reviews about Punjab House so I decided to try them a couple of weeks ago. I was left very disappointed -- they certainly did not live up to the expectation that one would get a superior quality, bespoke suit. I paid HKD4000 on average for one suit -- what I got was something comparable to what I can get off the shelves, probably even worse. No handstitched lapels, hem stitchings are clumsy, no customer name/label, and buttons on jacket sleeves were merely sewn on. Fabrics were of good quality, but workmanship is disappointing! Looked like a half-hearted job. I was promised that great quality comes with a price, but unfortunately that's not what I got. Thumbs-down for this tailor!
- —Guest Di A H S
Still waiting !
- Well, it's been several months now and I'm still waiting for that perfect fitting suit. I did receive a suit that almost fit about two months ago problems were .... to large in the chest, and the lining in the pants started hanging below the fabric. I met wit the folks at Himark yet again they made some notes and we are trying attempt number three. This will be the last attempt in my opinion. I've been more than patient and I'm not at all impressed so far. Himark Tailors so far has been a very disappointing experience. I started to wonder if I was expecting to much until a co-worker commented on my suit. That's the one that kind of fits. Let say it was not the best compliment I've ever had. stay tuned .... still waiting for that custom tailored suit.
- —Guest Terry Hnidy
- This must be joke, right. A best hongkong tailor list without WW Chan (he is the best, bar none) and with Raja in them (more haggling done measuring topped by really bad suit)
- —Guest bespoken
Andy of Empire Int'l
- I've tried 3 different Hong Kong Tailors and I finally settled for my favorite one out of all- Empire Int'l Tailors. Friendly, and honest service, excellent workmanship and emphasis to detail. They gave me options for my clothing that other tailors didn't even inform me of. Full attention to detail, very organized. I had bought a blue solid and a grey pinstripe suit with 8 shirts and they fit me perfectly. The finished product was clean, well stitched and well pressed unlike those of the other tailors i tried. Highly recommended.
- —Guest Brian Adams
Himark Martin Tailors
- Very disappointed - The suit did not fit properly pants or jacket, I returned them for adjustments with a scheduled promise date. They missed the promise date and did not call, return my call's or my email. So far my expierence with their product and service has been incredibly disappointing. They keep blaming others in the company for the lack of communication and unreturned calls and emails. So far I'm not at all impressed with the product or they way I've been treated. I called again today and they finally answered the phone. However, they said that my representative was busy and would call me back later. I'm expecting a call later today. I'll provide an update as we move forward and will let you and your readers know the outcome. Sincerely Disappointed.
- —Guest Terry Hnidy
- A hidden gem in the city. I tried a couple different tailors in HK and find that most shops offers similar choices in term of fabrics but workmanship varies. Ying Tai is my top choice for their quality of workmanship and service. The suit fitted to my body like a glove, and trust me, it feels real good. I brought friends there and would highly recommend to all. They used to be in the Peninsula hotel and now moved to a mall in Central.
- —Guest Williams G.
Pacific Custom Tailors
- I was in Hong last year (2010) and had 6 or 7 shirts made, 2 suits, 1 blazer and 3 or 4 pairs of pants made for about $3000.00 canadian dollars. The 2 suits fit amazingly and resemble something I would pay at least $1500 a piece for in Canada. Same goes for the blazer and the pants. The shirts on the other hand, 4 out of 6 or 7 are far bigger than the rest and I just can't wear them. I only tried 2 on when I picked them up originally and they mailed the rest to me at N/C. I am back in HK now and stopped by there and told them about this. If I had of have brought them back with me the would fix them all N/C but as I couldn't be bothered to bring them, they're giving me an amazing deal on 4 shirts. I'm still going to buy another couple suits from them and and the shirts. The best part is that once you're fitted they will mail to you included in the price. They also gave me a free suitcase after the deal was done. They also offer you beer if you're thirsty.AHHH! I'm sticking with them.
- —Guest Billy from Vancouver
- I'm in Bangkok and was looking to have a HK suit made but from the comments I see, it looks like the same hit or miss as in BKK. I had 7 suits made from 5 different tailors and only got one great suit. The great suit cost about $1300 and it was the only tailor that did many fittings, a full canvass jacket, and every amenity one associates with a bespoke suit and it fits perfectly. That leaves me with 6 suits of which 4 are okay and 2 are not so okay. All tailors make identical great slacks, the jacket is the killer. I'm particular and I've noticed all tailors say they can do exactly what you want but not many can deliver. From the above comments I see that HK isn't much different. So I'll keep investigating the HK tailor situation.