Lamma Island Hong Kong can be reached by a number of ferries. Below you’ll find a list of the ferry services between Lamma Island and Hong Kong.
The most frequent departure point is from Central on Hong Kong Island. Be sure to check the last ferry back from Lamma Island, as overnight services are limited, as are accommodation options on the island. There is generally no need to book tickets in advance except on public holidays.
Central (Hong Kong Island) and Yung Shue Wen (Lamma)
This is the main ferry service to Lamma island and Yung Shue Wen is the Island’s biggest, in a small sense, village.
- Frequency – Ferries are usually every hour, while peak times, rush hour in the mornings and evenings, seeing services as often every twenty minutes. (there is an extremely limited overnight service)
- Travel Time – 20mins
- Fare – HK$14.50 - HK$20
Central (Hong Kong Island) – Sok Kwu Wan (Lamma)
- Frequency – Ferries run every ninety minutes for a total of 10 ferries a day.
- Travel Time – 35mins
- Fare – HK$17.70 – HK$25
Aberdeen (Hong Kong Island) – Yung Shue Wan (Lamma)
- Frequency – Around 11 services a day.
- Travel Time – 15 mins [l]Fare – HK$12.80
Aberdeen (Hong Kong Island) – Mo Tat Wan (Lamma) – Sok Kwu Wan(Lamma)
- Frequency - Around 14 services daily.
- Travel Time – 30 mins
- Fare – HK$9.20 – HK$13.80
Note: There are always extra ferries on all routes on Sundays and Public Holidays increasing departures by up to a quarter.
Note: None of these ferries are car ferries, there are no cars allowed on Lamma Island.